Pour the wine, it’s happy hour time! Each month, I’ll share my favorite links, products and events from around the web.
Let’s jump right in with a roundup of the breaking travel and personal news this month:
- Italy decides to give away castles, I seriously consider moving to Italy. Unfortunately, I just bought a house in Minneapolis, so I need to focus my real estate endeavors on this country at the moment. Oh, also the castles all need a full gut and renovation, so that starts to sound pricey, no?
- I get engaged, am instantly shot down for wanting to elope somewhere exotic. Not to worry, we’re planning a bit of a destination wedding, setting our sights on Scottsdale, Arizona for March of next year. Planning from a distance is already a bit stressful, but it’s exciting that we get to force our friends and family to go on a vacation with us. I want to know: do you want to hear about destination wedding planning here on the blog? Tell me in the comments if you’re interested.
In other news:
- This post about overpacking leaves me feeling both comforted in my overpacking habits and a bit smug that I don’t pack quite as much underwear as the author.
- I may or may not have researched flights to the Bahamas after reading this coverage of how exactly to swim with pigs.
I’m shopping for:
I went over budget thanks to espadrilles this month, but they make me feel like I’m wandering Spanish streets, so it seems worth it. Also dreaming of lemon jammies and wondering how practical bridal little white dresses will seem after the wedding. Straw bags for the beach and boater hats round out my almost-summer shopping list. On the technology side, I bought this little ring light that clips onto your phone for well-lit selfies.
Gift for Grads: Broke Millenial by Erin Lowry
Gift for Dads: Mixology Dice
- In June, we’re taking a quick weekend in Phoenix to visit our wedding venue.
- In July, Dustin and I are off to Victoria, BC, Canada for a wedding and mom and I are taking a weekend in Seattle the following weekend. (I realized as I was writing this that it was a weird choice not to make this one trip, but oh well, flights are already booked.)
…And that’s May in a nut shell!
Tell me in the comments what you’ve been reading or writing this month—it just might make an appearance in next month’s happy hour!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use some of these links and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of that sale at no additional cost to you.