Pour the tea, it’s happy hour time! Each month, I share my favorite articles and links from around the web.
Let’s jump right in with the breaking travel news this month:
- $99 flights to Europe, this is not a drill! Beginning in the Spring, you can get flights to Birmingham, London, or Paris for as little as $99 one-way on Primera Air. The flights will depart from Newark and Boston, so if you aren’t based there, you might need to do a connection, and of course there will be add-on fees, like $40 for a standard meal. Wifi is included, though, which is a nice touch.
- Feel like heading the other direction? Flights to Hawaii are getting crazy cheap too! Apparently, increased service from United out to the islands is making flights cheaper across the board. Makes sense to me, and sounds like a lovely excuse to take a vacation.
In other news:
- I’m so grateful for San Diego itineraries that get me excited about my upcoming California trip, even if I know in the back of my mind I’m just going to spend the entire time on the beach or by the pool.
- But really, I might have to actually change out of my swimsuit and check out Balboa Park, this post makes it sound really cool. Have you been? Tell me your thoughts!
- Sometimes you have to take a trip where you just lay around and take zero pictures. If you have a blog, does that make you the worst travel blogger? (I relate so much to this… have you ever wondered why I have such limited photos from my time in Playa del Carmen? Might be because the entire trip was spent by the pool with a spicy margarita…)
I’m Shopping For:
Daisy sunglasses, of course. Plus, I’m clinging to off the shoulder trend as hard as I am to the idea that summer will last forever. I wonder if I can pull off a white swimsuit? Maybe not, but Sassy Red Lipstick has me feeling all body positive and I have been working out. I’ve already started coming across all things cozy, which makes me wonder if my air conditioning is up too high or if the idea of back-to-school is just still ingrained in me.
What I want for my birthday: champagne on planes and a trip to the beach.
I’m reading: How to Be Married by Jo Piazza, which is actually a collection of marriage advice from around the world. Just getting started, but I might have to review it on the blog.
Seattle this weekend (follow along with me on Instagram) and San Diego at the end of the month. Plus, the obligatory Minnesotan “Up North” cabin weekend because summer.
…and that’s July all tied up with a bow!
Tell me in the comments what you’ve been reading or writing this month—it may make an appearance in next month’s happy hour!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use some of these links and make a purchase, I may receive a portion of that sale at no additional cost to you.